The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at email@example.com.
The Friday 5 from
First Baptist Church Hilton Head Island, SC
Friday, August 28 , 2015
“The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Mahatma Gandhi
1. Sunday, August 30 - SERMON SERIES: THE REFRESHING PRESENCE OF THE LORD, #2 “God Revives Those Who,” Psalm 138.
Awana Training and Preparation Meeting, Sunday, August 30, 2015, 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM, in Room #4 of the Children’s Building. Lunch will be provided. We look forward to the exciting things God has in store for our Awana program in the coming year!
“WAR ROOM,” the Movie – We have sold all of the tickets we have for the movie, “War Room” showing at the Pooler Stadium Cinemas on Sunday, August 30. Those with ticket reservations are asked to meet at the Pooler Stadium Cinemas no later than 4:00 PM. Look for Chuck Workman in front of the theater for your ticket. The movie begins at 4:15 PM. Ticket price is $7.50 each. You are responsible for your own transportation. The address of the theater is 425 Pooler Parkway, Pooler, GA, (south on I-95 to Exit 104, turn right off the exit, the cinema will be on your left). We have also reserved the banquet room at Carey Hilliard’s Restaurant (198 Pooler Pkwy, Pooler, GA) following the movie for anyone interested in staying for dinner.
2. Parents’ Night Out - Saturday, August 29, held in the Children’s building from 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM. This is for our community as well as our church members so help us spread the word. All children ages 3-11 are welcome! We ask for a $5.00 donation per family for a dinner of chicken nuggets, homemade Mac-n-cheese and apple slices. We’ll do a craft, play some games and probably watch a fun movie as well.
3. Young Professionals and College Students Bible Study, beginning Wednesday, September 2, 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Chick-Fil-A in Bluffton, ‘Don’t Waste Your Life’ by John Piper, Led by Ricky Bolt and Chuck Workman.
4. Fall Wednesday Night Kickoff - Wednesday, September 9
5:00 PM - 6:15 PM - Wednesday Night Dinner, Family Life Center Multi-purpose Room
5:30 PM - 6:15 PM - Children’s Choir, Children’s Building, Rooms #7
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Childcare, Children’s Building, Rooms #17 & #19
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM - High Tide Youth Group, Youth Building
6:20 PM - 7:30 PM - Awana, Children’s Building, Atrium
6:15 PM - 7:30 PM - Sanctuary Choir Rehearsal, Music Suite
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM - Adult Bible Study in the Family Life Center, Room #4, A Study of the Book of Esther
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM - Women’s Bible Study, Children’s Building, Room # 8, ‘The Armor of God,’ by Priscilla Shirer
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM - Men’s Bible Study, Family Life Center, Room #5, ‘The Unshakable Truth, How You Can Experience the 12 Essentials of a Relevant Faith,’ by Josh McDowell and Sean McDowell
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM - ‘Memorize the Word’ Class, Family Life Center, Room #1
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Young Professionals and College Students Bible Study, Chick-Fil-A in Bluffton, ‘Don’t Waste Your Life’ by John Piper
5. “Faithful Followers” Fellowship and Dinner for Widows and Widowers - Sponsored by the Deacons, Sunday, September 13, beginning at 5:30 PM in the Family Life Center Multi-purpose Room. To reserve your place and/or transportation, call Paulette Gardner at 843-785-4478 no later than Sunday, September 9th.
For those who are interested, we will also plan to have dinner together at one of the restaurants near the theater after the movie (TBD). Also, be sure to let Paulette know if you would like to join the group for dinner following the movie.
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBC family on Sunday as well as Wednesday nights. Find out more...
to complete the online
Awana registration form(s)
for your child(ren).