The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Friday 5 from First Baptist Hilton Head
October 17, 2014
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” ?attributed to Ronald Reagan
1. This Sunday’s Sermon: “Follow The Ark!” Joshua 3:3, 13, 17.
C.O.R.E. for Parents at the Bedenbaughs, Sunday evening from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
2. Connection Meetings in homes will begin Monday and Tuesday, October 20 and 21. Call Paulette Gardner and Lynda Hopkins for information at 843-785-4478.
3. Fall Youth Retreat, “You Are More,” October 24 – 26, Praise and Worship, Group Sessions, Awesome Activities, Group Breakouts, Meals Included.
Volunteers are needed for various jobs for this retreat. If you can help with set-up, clean-up, or help in the kitchen please call Chuck Workman at 843-415-3898.
4. Trunk or Treat: It is time again for our annual Trunk or Treat mission outreach to our community. Held in our back parking lot, it is not too late for you to volunteer to provide a decorated car trunks and a game with a Biblical theme. Candy donations are requested so we can shower our guests with not only ‘sweet’ candy, but the ‘sweet’ Gospel as well. Please join us. Invite your friends and neighbors.
Theme: G.L.O.W. - God Lights Our World...walk as children of light. Ephesians 5:8
Date: Wednesday, October 29 Time: 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Dinner: $2.00 for a Hot Dog with Chili, Baked Beans, Chips, Moon Pie and Beverage
$1.00 more gets you another hot dog.
We’ll have plenty of games, prizes, a hayride, fire truck, hot dogs, ice cream and cotton candy and, again this year, we’ll have the Workman family making apple butter and sharing it on hot biscuits! YUM! Call Linda Fick at 247-3825 to volunteer your trunk for this exciting night of sharing Jesus.
5. Annual Business Meeting, Sunday, November 9 - 6:00 PM, in the sanctuary.
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBC family on Sunday as well as Wednesday nights. Find out more...
Our church offers a variety of Wednesday night programs. There is something for everyone in your family.