The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Friday 5 from First Baptist Hilton Head
March 7, 2014
“A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.” —Theodore Roosevelt
Two Additional Important Notices:
Daylight Saving Time begins this coming Sunday, March 9th. Move your clocks ahead one hour Saturday night.
Note To Our Church Family Regarding Wednesday Night Dinner Reservations:
Our Kitchen Coordinator will be out due to recovery from surgery. Our Kitchen and Fellowship Committee has arranged for excellent ‘volunteer chefs’ to prepare Wednesday night meals on a rotating basis until she returns. This means we will not be able to add people after the Monday deadline at noon. The deadline for Wednesday night dinner reservations is Monday prior to Wednesday’s dinner. Therefore, it is very important for you to make your reservations by the proper deadline. Thank you for understanding and for helping us keep this ministry effectively operational until our ‘chief cook’ can return.
1. “Son of God” Movie – Showing at Park Plaza Movie Theater (near Harris Teeter by Sea Pines), Saturday, March 8th. The movie begins showing at 2:10 PM. Lynda Hopkins will be in the lobby of the theater at 1:30 PM with a list of those who have prepaid for tickets and will give you your tickets upon your arrival.
If you did not purchase a discount ticket but would like to join the “church crowd’ in seeing the movie, come to the 2:10 PM showing and purchase your tickets directly from the theater and join us.
2. Sermon Series, The Sovereignty of God, #2 “Habakkuk’s Why to God,” Habakkuk 1:12-2:1.
3. “Fill the Well with God’s Bounty” Food Drive for DeepWell in March. Dennis Matson has crafted a beautiful well that has been placed in the foyer of the Family Life Center for our collection of canned and non-perishable food items. Poptop cans and boxed pre-packaged meals are especially needed as well as any other items that do not need to be refrigerated or frozen. Delivery to DeepWell will take place the first of April.
4. Missionary Brett Myers will join us on Sunday, March 16th, for both worship services and speak during the Mission Moments, to inform us about a church plant in Calgary, Canada.
5. Now recruiting volunteers to be a part of our Vacation Bible School team! This year’s Vacation Bible School will take children on a special mission learning how to defend their faith. Agency D3 wants you June 23rd – 27th to be Special Agents! Contact Lisa Richardson at 843-842-5437 or email@example.com to volunteer. Our first Special Agents’ meeting will be Sunday, March 30th, at 12:30 PM, in Room #8 of the Children’s Building.
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
Discover more about opportunities to worship at FBCHHI. Find out more...
Discover ways to connect with the FBC family on Sunday as well as Wednesday nights. Find out more...
Discover our Morning Preschool and After School Camp.