The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Friday 5
Friday, August 26, 2016
Real eyes realize real lies, so read the Bible.
1. SERMON SERIES: WALKING IN THE SPIRIT, #13 “God for Us” (part 4), Romans 8:38-39
2. Men’s Prayer Breakfast – Sunday, August 28 – 8:00 AM in the Family Life Center Multi-purpose Room. All men are invited to join this group for a delicious breakfast, fellowship and morning devotion.
3. Awana Leader's Training has been scheduled for Sunday, August 28, from 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Room #8, Children’s Building. Contact the church office at 843-785-4478 if you would like more information about becoming an Awana leader, meeting with children on Wednesday evenings from 6:20 PM – 7:30 PM, helping them learn about the Bible and memorizing scripture verses.
4. Wednesday night dinners and activities resume Wednesday, September 7.
Wednesday Night Schedule
5:00 PM - 6:15 PM - Wednesday Night Dinner Served in the Family Life Center, Multi-purpose Room (Reservations due Monday)
5:30 PM - 6:15 PM - Children’s Choir Rehearsal, Children’s Building, Room #7, (Ages 5 - 5th Grade)
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM - Sanctuary Choir Rehearsal, Music Suite
6:00 PM - 7:45 PM - High Tide Youth Group, Temporarily in the Children’s Building
(Ages 6th - 12th Grade)
6:20 PM - 7:30 PM - Awana, Children’s Building, Atrium (Ages 4 - 5th Grade)
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM - General Adult Bible Study in the Family Life Center, Room #4 (Ephesians)
Led by Dr. Dan Wheeler
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM - Women’s Bible Study in the Children’s Building, Room #8 (“Revelation - A Christian’s Ultimate Victory”) Led by Angela Wade
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM - Men’s Bible Study in the Family Life Center, Room #5
(“The ‘Watch Out’ Series” - A Mini-study of Cults: Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses and Unitarians) Led by Howard Wright
5. An Important Request for Volunteers from Our Preschool Department
More volunteers are needed for our Preschool Department on Sunday mornings. Can you help? We currently have a monthly rotating schedule of volunteers, but the more volunteers we have, the less each one’s service will be needed. We currently have vacancies on the 4th Sunday of the month in the 9:00 AM and 11:15 AM worship service times. Once a quarter, there is a 5th Sunday on the calendar in which we need extra volunteers for the 9:00 AM worship service and 10:15 AM Sunday School hour. Parents are grateful for these Sunday morning opportunities for their children, and your help would be very much appreciated.
We always need substitutes on whom we can call when our assigned volunteers must cancel at the last minute.
If you could help us in any of these areas, we would greatly appreciate your participation. Please call Paulette at 843-785-4478 to leave your name, and someone will call you with further information.
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBCHHI. Find out more...
We have completed Vacation Bible School for this summer.
Please check back in the fall for an Awana Registration Form