The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Friday 5 from First Baptist Hilton Head
Friday, January 30, 2015
“Do something wonderful; people may imitate it.” ?Albert Schweitzer
1. SERMON SERIES: BLESSINGS IN CHRIST, #3 “The Glory of the Work of the Holy Spirit,” Ephesians 1:13-14.
2. Children and Youth Eat Free Wednesday Nights Beginning February 4. In an effort to enhance the Wednesday night activities and to embrace more people, beginning Wednesday, February 4, children and youth can eat Wednesday night dinner free. They can choose a regular dinner meal, or our new item, Pepperoni Pizza. Free children and youth dinners are ONLY AVAILABLE with prior reservations so the kitchen staff can have enough meals. Free meals are for dine-in ONLY and not available for takeout. The deadline to make your weekly reservations is noon on Monday. The menu and reservation form are printed on the tear off portion of Sunday’s bulletin. We hope this will be a positive change for our church.
3. New Wednesday Night Bible Studies:
Ladies Bible Study - “Breathe, making room for Sabbath,” by Priscilla Shirer, Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM, in Room #8 of the Children’s Building, Here is a little synopsis: “With a jam-packed life, what’s missing is space – space for God to speak, room for you to hear. It’s time to set aside the activities and busyness that swallows up rest and peace. It’s time for us to breathe and build margin in our lives for God. Join Priscilla and discover Sabbath margin – the boundary God enables us to put around things we enjoy so that we never become slaves again.”
Men’s Bible Studies - February 4 & 11 – “Cold Case Resurrection with Cold Case Homicide Detective, J. Warner Wallace.” Then beginning February 18 – “Conversational Evangelism, Connecting with People to Share Jesus.” by Dr. David Geisler. Call Chuck Staab @843-342-6416 for information. This class meets in Room # 5 of the Family Life Center.
4. Missionary Brett Myers to Speak Sunday, February 15, Brett Myers will join us Sunday, February 15, to share with us about the work he is doing in Calgary, Canada, planting a church during each of the worship services that morning. He is the son of new members, Tommy and Sherry Myers. Brett is one of the missionaries that our church supports and we are proud of the work he is doing to spread the gospel in an area that has tremendous growth potential. We hope you will join us that day to offer your encouragement to this family as they serve on the mission field.
5. New Member Orientation - If you are a new member of our church family, or if you are interested in learning more about First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island, we invite you to join us Sunday, February 22, at 5:00 PM, for our New Member Orientation. We will begin in the Sanctuary with a time of sharing from our pastor, followed by a tour of our church campus, and ending in our Family Life Center with a special fellowship dinner. Dinner is free of charge, but reservations are required. Contact Paulette Gardner 843-785-4478 or email@example.com to make your reservations by the deadline of Wednesday, February 18. We look forward to seeing you there!
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBC family on Sunday as well as Wednesday nights. Find out more...
Our church offers a variety of Wednesday night programs. There is something for everyone in your family.