The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Friday 5 from First Baptist Church Hilton Head Island, SC
Friday, June 26, 2015
Thank you EVERYONE who volunteered at “Camp F.I.T. - Faith in Training” during this past week. The leaders and volunteers have been fantastic, and the campers really enjoyed their time with us while learning to not only be physically fit, but spiritually fit as well. We pray that God will continue to bless the students that attended Camp F.I.T. and the volunteers that helped make it possible.
“A bad habit never disappears miraculously; it’s an undo-it-yourself project.” —Abigail Van Buren
1. SERMON SERIES: BLESSINGS IN CHRIST, #19 “Building Blocks for Families,” Ephesians 6:1-4.
2. The church offices will be closed Friday, July 3, in observance of the Independence Day Holiday. Happy July 4th on Saturday. We will hold our July 4th Emphasis on Sunday, July 5.
3. Several items are scheduled for Sunday, July 12
1) The Ordinances of Communion and Baptism
We will observe the ordinance of Communion during both worship services. We are also planning Baptism during the 9:00 AM worship service in the sanctuary that morning. Please call Lynda in the church office at 843-785-4478 if you are interested in being baptized that morning.
2) We will have a Vacation Bible School Review during Mission Moments in both worship services.
3) A new College Sunday School Class will begin during the Sunday School hour at 10:15 AM, meeting in Room #8 in the Family Life Center. Ricky Bolt will be leading the class as they study Max Lucado’s, “Come Thirsty: No Heart Too Dry for His Touch.” If you are a college-aged student, please join this class for the summer. If you know a college-aged student, please invite them to join this new Sunday School class.
4) CORE for Parents – Family Beach Night, 5:00 PM, Sunday, July 12, at the Islanders Beach, 94 Folly Field Road. The main course and beverages will be provided. Please bring an easy to eat side dish or dessert to share. (Fruit, cookies, veggies, chips etc.) ALL are welcome! Please bring any families that may be interested in learning about CORE.
4. Camp Ignite continues three days a week on our campus. In partnership with Jamison Consultants, a group of approximately 20 students (ages 6 - 16) is meeting on our church campus for a camp experience, meeting every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, June 22 – August 8, 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM participate in physical and age-appropriate exercise workouts, enrichment activities, lunch and Bible study. There are still places to volunteer if you are looking for a way to fill some of your summer time. Call Chuck Workman at 843-415-3898 to volunteer or for information.
5. All men are invited to join the Men’s Prayer Breakfast, Sunday, June 28, at 8:00 AM, in the Family Life Center Multi-purpose Room.
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBC family on Sunday as well as Wednesday nights. Find out more...
Our church offers a variety of Wednesday night programs. There is something for everyone in your family.