The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at email@example.com.
The Friday 5 from
First Baptist Church Hilton Head Island, SC
Friday, July 24, 2015
“You can fool yourself. You can never fool God.”
1. SERMON: “Understanding the Wait,” Isaiah 40: 27-31
2. Next Parent’s Night Out - Saturday, July 25
Make a reservation for your children ages 3-11 by the reservation deadline of Wednesday, July 22. We will feed and entertain them in the Children’s building from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM, so that you can enjoy some kid-free time! $5.00 donation per family for food. Sign up on the sheet posted in the lobby of the Children’s building or call Paulette Gardner at 843-785-4478. Help spread the word through our community so other parents may also take advantage of this opportunity.
3. Men’s Prayer Breakfast, 8:00 AM, Sunday, July 26, Family Life Center Multi-purpose Room.
4. Pizza and Family Movie Night, Sunday, August 9, 6:00 PM, Free of Charge - Donations Appreciated. 6:00 PM - Pizza Served. Feel free to skip the pizza and join us just for the movie at 6:30 PM. Call Paulette at 843-785-4478 to make your reservations letting us how many will be in your group so we will have enough pizza on hand. We’ll open the concession stand for
popcorn, candy and soda after dinner before the movie begins. Childcare is provided beginning at 6:30 PM.
Movie Synopsis: “Brother White” is a heartwarming movie, a fish out of water comedy about an associate pastor at a rich mega church in California who finds himself the pastor of poor African American church in the worst neighborhood in Atlanta.
5. CORE for Parents – Family Beach Night
Saturday, August 1 - 5:00 PM – Until. At the Islanders Beach, 94 Folly Field Road.
We will provide main course and tables, utensils and drinks. Please bring an easy to eat side dish or dessert. (Fruit, cookies, veggies, chips, etc.) ALL are welcome! Please bring any families that may be interested in learning about CORE. R.S.V.P. by texting or calling Shannon at 803-212-5725 if you plan to attend so we can get a headcount.
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBC family on Sunday as well as Wednesday nights. Find out more...
Our church offers a variety of Wednesday night programs. There is something for everyone in your family.