The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at email@example.com.
The Friday 5 from First Baptist Hilton Head
Friday, Decmber 19, 2014
Who can add to Christmas? The perfect motive is that God so loved the world. The perfect gift is that He gave His only Son. The only requirement is to believe in Him. The reward of faith is that you shall have everlasting life. ~Corrie Ten Boom
1. SERMON: “Jesus Who Was Became,” John 1:14-18.
2. Annual Christmas Eve Candlelight Service – 6:00 PM in the Sanctuary.
3. Angel Tree Mission Project: Backpacks for the Homeless. Beginning Sunday, November 28th, you can take an Angel tag from the Christmas tree in our worship center foyers and record your name and Angel tag number on the notepad provided. Fulfill the requests listed on the Angel tag or make a monetary donation. The deadline is Sunday, December 21st. Please return to the Family Life Center with the Angel tag attached to the gift. Items do not need to be wrapped. Backpacks filled with necessity items for the homeless in Savannah will be delivered to the Old Savannah Mission by students from our Youth Department during the Christmas holiday.
4. Westminster Concert Bell Choir of Westminster College of the Arts, Rider University, Princeton, New Jersey, will perform in the sanctuary of First Baptist Church Hilton Head Island,
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 7:00 PM. Delight in the sounds of the bells as the Choir performs on the largest range of handbells and Choirchimes in the world. This event will be free of charge and open to the public. Please invite your friends.
5. Deacons’ Retreat, January 17, 2015, 9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon, in the Family Life Center Multi-purpose Room. All current, new and past Deacons are invited to this Deacons’ Retreat in January. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend.
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBC family on Sunday as well as Wednesday nights. Find out more...
Our church offers a variety of Wednesday night programs. There is something for everyone in your family.