The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at email@example.com.
The Friday 5
Friday, September 23, 2016
A real friend is one who walks in when everyone else walks out.
1. SERMON SERIES: THE PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH, #2 “The Church and the Holy Spirit,” Acts 2:38b-42a
2. Communion will be served during both worship services Sunday, October 2. We use gluten free communion wafers for those with gluten health issues.
3. Children’s Ministry Opportunity at FBCHHI - First Baptist Church Hilton Head Island is seeking a part-time Children’s Ministry Directory to assist our ministry to children from nursery through 5th Grade. If you, or someone you know, would be interested in learning more about this opportunity, please call Chuck Workman at 843-415-3898 for more information.
We are also looking for volunteers for our Children’s ministry on Sunday mornings. Call Chuck Workman at 843-415-3898 for more information.
4. Sunday, October 2 (first meeting) - Set Apart - A faith - based fitness program with Bible study, health education and exercise class, held every Sunday at 4:30 PM for six weeks on the back porch of the Family Life Center.$25.00/month or $40 with a buddy. Contact Christy Baroni for information or to register at 843-290-5803 or christybaroni@gmail. Website: https://www.squareup.com/store/thrivefitness
5. CORE Parent’s Study - Sunday, October 9 (first meeting), “The Meaning of Marriage” by Tim Keller, Led by Chuck Workman. Will meet every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the Month
Family Life Center Multi-purpose Room
Additionally: Kairos Prison Ministry is once again asking for home-baked cookies and
Sign Up for Prayer Time during “God’s Special Time” Kairos Ministry to prisoners at the men’s prison in Ridgeland, SC. The deadline to deliver cookies, made according to the instructions on the sheet found in the foyers of our worship centers, is Wednesday, October 5. You can also sign up for a specific time to pray for the ministry and prisoners during that weekend in 30-minute increments. Sign up will be in Sunday’s bulletin.
Wednesday night dinners and activities schedule - There is something for every person in your family. Please join us Wednesdays.
5:00 PM - 6:15 PM - Wednesday Night Dinner Served in the Family Life Center, Multi-purpose Room (Reservations due Monday)
5:30 PM - 6:15 PM - Children’s Choir Rehearsal, Children’s Building, Room #7, (Ages 5 - 5th Grade)
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM - Sanctuary Choir Rehearsal, Music Suite
6:00 PM - 7:45 PM - High Tide Youth Group, Temporarily in the Children’s Building, (Ages 6th - 12th Grade)
6:20 PM - 7:30 PM - Awana, Children’s Building, Atrium (Ages 4 - 5th Grade)
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM - General Adult Bible Study in the Family Life Center, Room #4 (Ephesians), Led by Dr. Dan Wheeler
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM - Women’s Bible Study in the Children’s Building, Room #8, (“Revelation - A Christian’s Ultimate Victory”), Led by Angela Wade,
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM - Men’s Bible Study in the Family Life Center, Room #5, (“The ‘Watch Out’ Series” - A Mini-study of Cults: Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses and Unitarians), Led by Howard Wright
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBCHHI. Find out more...
Please click the Ministries button, choose Children’s Ministry from the drop down menu, and follow the link to the Awana registration form.