The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at email@example.com.
The Friday 5 from First Baptist Hilton Head
April 18, 2014
“Christ’s resurrection changed Mary from a mourner into a messenger; it changed Thomas from a doubter into a believer; it changed Peter from a denier into a preacher and it changed Paul from a persecutor into a missionary. For early Christians the Easter event became an Easter experience: a cleansing, life-changing, transforming experience! Today, that Easter event is still the greatest hope in a world of fear and confusion.” Dr. Paul S. James
1. Good Friday Service - 12:00 Noon, April 18th. Message: "The Cries of the Cross," Luke 23. Lunch will be served immediately following the Good Friday Service in the Family Life Center. Donations are appreciated.
2. Easter Sunday Worship Services
Easter Sunrise Service - 6:30 AM - Message: "The Resurrection: The Foundation of Christianity," 1 Corinthians 15:1-8. Easter Sunrise Service across the street from the church on the beach in front of the Marriott’s Grande Ocean Resort.
Breakfast will be served in the Family Life Center following the Easter Sunrise Service. Donations are appreciated.
Both Easter Sunday Worship Services will be in the Sanctuary Easter Sunday.
9:00 AM - Easter Sunday Worship in the Sanctuary, Message: Sermon Series: The Sovereignty of God, #6 "The Celebration of Our Lord," Habakkuk 3:17-19.
10:00 AM - Coffee Fellowship in the Family Life Center
10:15 AM - Sunday School for all ages
11:15 AM - Easter Sunday Worship in the Sanctuary, Message: Sermon Series: The Sovereignty of God, #6 "The Celebration of Our Lord," Habakkuk 3:17-19.
3. 11:00 AM – Resurrection Easter Egg Hunt - For toddlers through age 5 in one area, and children in 1st - 5th Grades in another area. Visitors and their families are invited. Parents of children under 5 must be present with their child. Please meet in the Atrium of the Children’s Building. Look for the signs. Children will line up in the elementary-aged Sunday School hallway inside the Children’s Building at 10:55 AM and go to the playground together. Children who find an Easter egg with a symbol of the resurrection in it and can explain the symbol’s significance will receive a special Easter surprise.
4. The church offices will be closed Monday, April 21st for the Easter Holiday. Offices will reopen Tuesday, April 22nd.
5. Sunday, April 27th – 7:45 AM – Men’s Prayer Breakfast in the Family Life Center.
Coming in May
Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 11
9:00 AM and 11:15 AM
Both services will be in the sanctuary that day.
Missions Note:We have three Sunday’s remaining to reach our Annual Missions Offering Goal of $35,000. We currently have collected $24,842.
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
Discover more about opportunities to worship at FBCHHI. Find out more...
Discover ways to connect with the FBC family on Sunday as well as Wednesday nights. Find out more...
Discover Vacation Bible School. Click the Ministries tab above, then Children's Ministry, then Vacation Bible School.