The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The Friday 5” of First Baptist Church
Friday, October 2, 2015
Repent now! Avoid the rush on judgment day!
1. Sunday, October 4 - Dr. Jairy C. Hunter Jr., President and Professor of Management at Charleston Southern University will be our guest speaker this Sunday while Dr. Keller is away. His sermon will be, “Living Life to the Fullest,” Jeremiah 29:11.
2. Playground Beautification Project: Saturday, October 3, from 12:00 Noon - 4:00 PM. Feel free to join our Family Ministry to help with this project! Bring your work gloves, rakes and shovels.
3. Basic Life Service Life Saving Course scheduled for Saturday, October 3, has been cancelled due to a medical emergency in the family of the trainer. It will be rescheduled for November.
4. Communion, Sunday, October 11, during both worship services. Our Minister of Family Ministries, Rev. Chuck Workman, will lead our church through a Communion service during Dr. Keller’s absence in both worship services on Sunday, October 11.
10:20 AM, Sunday, October 11, Rev. Eddie Enim, from Coast for Christ Ministries of Ghana, Africa, will speak in our Family Life Centerduring the Sunday School hour. He will be reporting on the good work that continues through Coast for Christ Ministries. This ministry is supported by our church and we have had several members travel to Ghana to be of service in several different areas of this ministry.
5. Another Connection Group Forming for Women with Children
Are you a mother with young children? Would you like to come to a Connection group with others like you? We are looking to start a group for you with childcare provided. We need you, want you and care about you. Please call or email Carol Wheeler at 843-715-0441 or email@example.com for more information.
Annual Trunk or Treat - Wednesday, October 28
Trunks and Games Open at 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Sponsored by the Missions Committee and Congregation of FBCHHI
THEME: G.L.O.W. - God Lights Our World...walk as children of light. Ephesians 5:8
This is our LARGEST OUTREACH of the year, but it can only be successful if YOU become involved. Host a trunk and invite Everyone You Know who has children to join us for this special night where we will once again tell our community that God Lights Our World!
NEEDED: Trunks of cars, SUV’s, mini-vans, or pickup trucks decorated with a fall (not scary) and preferably ‘Christian-based’ theme with a Fall Festival type game for visiting children to play. While they are having fun, we’ll tell them about Jesus and the Bible.
We can help you with ideas.
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBC family on Sunday as well as Wednesday nights. Find out more...
to complete the online
Awana registration form(s)
for your child(ren).