The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at email@example.com.
The Friday 5 from First Baptist Hilton Head
August 15, 2014
“Let us disappear into praising. Nothing belongs to us.” —Rainer Maria Rilke
1. Sermon Sunday: FOUNDATIONAL FAITH, #13 “A Faith That Counts,” Galatians 5:1-6.
2. Annual Kitchen Make-over and Cleanup - Thursday, August 21, 9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon. Volunteers needed. Can you help us organize the pantry, drawers and shelves, scrub the kitchen surfaces until they sparkle, itemize the refrigerator and freezer contents, sort items in the kitchen office and storage room? The Kitchen Committee would be grateful for the gift of your service. A light lunch will be provided at noon. Call or email Jan Shoffner to volunteer at 290-4223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Sunday School Launch for Sunday School Teachers – Saturday, August 23 – 8:30 AM – 12:00 Noon. Room #8, Children’s Building. Sunday school teachers should contact Richard Wade at 843-785-4478 for information.
4. Sunday, August 24 – Promotion Sunday for Children and Youth Sunday School classes. All Children (through rising 6th graders) will meet in the Atrium of the Children’s building immediately following the 9:00 AM Worship Service for snacks and recognition before being promoted to their new classrooms. The rising 6th graders will be escorted to the Youth building. Youth (rising 7th - 12th graders) will meet in the Youth building and be promoted to their new classrooms in the Youth building.
5. Wednesday, September 3 – Wednesday night dinner and programs resume. Be sure to make your Wednesday night dinner reservations by Monday, September 1, by calling Paulette at 843-785-4478.
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBC family on Sunday as well as Wednesday nights. Find out more...
Our church offers a variety of Wednesday night programs. There is something for everyone in your family.