The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Friday 5 from First Baptist Hilton Head
Friday, November 21, 2014
"The foremost quality of a trusting disciple is gratefulness." - Brennan Manning, Ruthless Trust
1. SERMON SERIES: CHOICES, #4 “The Choices of a Fainting Soul,” Jonah 1:17-2:10.
The 2015 Ministry Budget was presented at the Annual Business Meeting on November 16 with an opportunity for discussion. A vote of affirmation for the 2015 Ministry Budget will take place this coming Sunday, November 23, but there will be no discussion that day.
2. Men's Prayer Breakfast moved to November 23. The Men's Prayer Breakfast that is scheduled for Sunday, November 30, has been moved up one week, to Sunday, November 23, due to the holiday.
3. There is no Wednesday night dinner or activities on Wednesday, November 26 due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Please note that the church offices will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday and Friday, November 27 and 28.
4. New Men's Bible Study began Wednesday, November 19. All men are invited to join Dr. Chuck Stabb as he leads a Wednesday Night Bible study for men, "What Are You Afraid Of? Facing Down Your Fears with Faith," by Dr. David Jeremiah. The Men's Bible Study group meets in Room #4 of the Family Life Center at 6:30 PM on Wednesdays. Contact Chuck Staab at 843-342-6416 for information. Pick up a workbook beginning November 12.
5. “Canticles in Candlelight, A Cantata for Christmas,” presented by the Sanctuary Choir, Sunday, December 7, 2014. The Joyful Sounds Handbell Choir will play Christmas selections prior to the beginning of the choir musical that begins at 6:00 PM.
Church-wide Christmas Fellowship will be held immediately following the Christmas musical in the Family Life Center. Please bring an hors d’oeuvre to share. Drop off your hors d’oeuvre before the musical.
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBC family on Sunday as well as Wednesday nights. Find out more...
Our church offers a variety of Wednesday night programs. There is something for everyone in your family.