The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Friday 5
A weekly announcement listing for First Baptist Church Hilton Head Island, SC
Friday, December 9, 2016
Christmas is not a myth, not a tradition, not a dream. It is a glorious reality. – Billy Graham
1. SERMON SERIES: THE BIRTH OF THE KING, #2 “The Activity of The Holy Spirit in the Birth of Christ”, Matthew 1:18
2. Children’s Christmas Celebration - Sunday, December 11- 10:05 AM
For Children through the 5th Grade. Held in the Atrium of the Children’s Building
CORE Parent's Study, Sunday, December 11, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM - held in the newly renovated Family and Student Building
3. Backpacks for the Homeless Annual Angel Tree Collection Continues - Goal 25 filled backpacks, distributed to homeless through the Old Savannah City Mission. Backpacks are to be filled with items such as toiletries, cold weather clothing items and Christian reading materials. Angel tags will be hung on the Christmas trees in the foyers of Sanctuary and Family Life Center. You may provide the items listed on the back of the tag or make a monetary donation. Follow the directions on the back of the Angel tag. Filling a backpack completely will cost between $50 and $75 so several people may go together to provide one backpack, or Sunday school class or Connection group. Donations are due to the Family Life Center by Wednesday, December 14. Distribution will be Sunday, December 18, and everyone is invited to make the trip to Savannah with Chuck Workman.
4. Christmas Eve Candlelight Worship Service - 6:00 PM, December 24, 2016
Held in the Sanctuary. Bring your family and friends to this annual worship service, celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Childcare will not be available that evening, but you are encouraged to bring your babies and children to the sanctuary for this annual holiday service.
5. Holiday Worship Schedule: There will be no Wednesday Night Dinners Bible studies, children and youth activities or choir rehearsals on December 21 or 28, 2016,
or January 4, 2017. All Wednesday night activities will resume January 11, 2017.
On Sunday, December 25, 2016, and Sunday, January 1, 2017, our church will have only one worship service held in the sanctuary at 10:00 AM. Sunday School classes will not meet these days. Our normal Sunday morning worship schedule will resume Sunday, January 8, 2017.
We hope this altered schedule will allow you more time to enjoy your families and
friends during the holiday season.
The church offices will be closed Monday and Tuesday, December 26 and 27, 2016,in observance of the Christmas holiday. Please note that the church offices will close at 1:00 PM on Friday, December 30, 2016, and remain closed on Monday, January 2, 2017,in observance of the New Year’s holidays.
Contributions to be credited to the 2016 year must either be in the church office by noon on Friday, December 30 or be postmarked by Saturday, December 31, 2016.
Annual Christmas Eve
A traditional service with carols,
Children's sermon and Christmas Message
Held in the Sanctuary
The public is invited.
Bring your children with you to the sanctuary
for this special holiday service
as there will be no childcare that evening.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBCHHI. Find out more...
Please click the Ministries button, choose Children’s Ministry from the drop down menu, and follow the link to the Awana registration form.