The Friday 5 is a weekly email notice that lists the 5 most pertinent announcements for the week. It is emailed on Fridays and is also posted on the website weekly. If you would like to be added to our email list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Friday 5 from First Baptist Hilton Head
Friday, November 21, 2014
“Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.” —C.S. Lewis
1. SERMON SERIES: CHOICES, #5 “Choosing God’s Goodness for All People,” Jonah 3:1-11.
2. Angel Tree Mission Project: Backpacks for the Homeless. Beginning Sunday, November 28, you can take an Angel tag from the Christmas tree in our worship center foyers and recored your name and Angel tag number on the notepad provided. Fulfill the requests that are listed on the Angel tag or make a monetary donation. The deadline is Sunday, December 21st. Please return to the Family Life Center with the Angel tag attached to the gift. Items do not need to be wrapped. Backpacks filled with necessity items for the homeless in Savannah will be delivered to the Old Savannah Mission by students from our Youth Department during the Christmas holiday.
3. “Canticles in Candlelight", A Cantata for Christmas, presented by the Sanctuary Choir, Sunday, December 7, 2014. The Joyful Sounds Handbell Choir will play Christmas selections prior to the beginning of the choir musical that begins at 6:00 PM.
Church-wide Christmas Fellowship will be held immediately following the Christmas musical in the Family Life Center. Please bring an hors d’oeuvre to share. Drop off your hors d’oeuvre before the musical.
4. Youth High Tide Christmas Party, Wednesday, December 10 at 6:00 PM, in the Student Center. Ask Chuck Workman for details.
5. Children’s Christmas Celebration, Saturday, December 13, 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM for Preschool - Elementary Aged Children.
Event details are still being planned. Possible activities include: cookie baking, Christmas crafts, caroling, popcorn and a movie. Preschool children will stay on campus while older children may leave campus to go caroling or some other activity. Lunch will be provided. Helpers are needed.
Parents need to register their children early by contacting Erika Smith at email@example.com or 384-9492. Also, contact Erica if you are interested in volunteering to help with this special day of Christmas activities for children
First Baptist Church of Hilton Head Island is a growing community of faith that is committed to presenting the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Bible, so that people may come into our fellowship to love Him, to serve Him, and to share Him with all people.
We are glad you have found us and hope that you will take the time to discover the unique opportunities we have available to you here.
9:00 AM - Classic worship in the Sanctuary
10:15 AM - Sunday School
11:15 AM - Modern Worship in the Family Life Center
Discover ways to connect with the FBC family on Sunday as well as Wednesday nights. Find out more...
Our church offers a variety of Wednesday night programs. There is something for everyone in your family.